Help us wrap our arms around our local children this winter!
Many children across West Lothian are attending school with inadequate jackets which won’t keep them warm or dry on their walk to and from school. Not having a jacket can mean some children won’t even attend school and this obviously has a big impact on their education. You can help us change this for a local child.
In the next few months we anticipate the need for well in excess of 400 winter jackets for local children in need, aged between 5 and 17 years old. Many of us are feeling the effects of the cost-of-living-crisis so there are a number of different ways you can support our campaign:
1) Become a Sponsor and buy a brand-new jacket. Click on the link to register and we will contact you when we receive a referral for a child, it’s then up to you to buy a jacket, get to us and we pass it on to the child who needs it. https://bit.ly/3SCSJ8a
2) Donate brand-new socks, tights, hoodie, gloves and hats so we can pop them in our packs along with each jacket.
3) Buy a warm jacket without becoming a sponsor. Donating this way allows you to take advantage of sales and promotions and donated jackets will be kept in stock and given to a child when we receive a suitable referral. We need jackets from 5-17 years old.
4) If you are short on time, you can make a donation through the link below and we will buy a winter warmer pack on your behalf. We estimate the cost of a winter warmer pack for a primary school child to be £25 and a high school child to be £30 although donations of any amount will support our campaign. https://bit.ly/3xYwaCS
5) Does your child have a jacket that they no longer use? If so, we can re-use it. Excellent quality jackets will be recycled to a child. If you have any jackets that are a bit past it, we will still accept them and pop these in our metal rag bag box and these will be turned into cash which will allow us to buy more new warm jackets.
Here is our list of drop off points https://schoolbank-westlothian.org/drop-off-points/
Thank you in advance of your support. Every single donation makes a difference.