Donate Uniforms and School Kit
You can donate new or good quality second hand used school uniforms (trousers, skirts, pinafores, polo shirts, shirts, cardigans/jumpers), gym kit, jackets, hats/gloves, school bags and stationery, as well as brand new socks, tights, pants and footwear (shoes, plimsolls and trainers).
We accept donations for ages 5 – 18 years old. This includes school uniform with school logos on for all West Lothian Schools.
We have 16 Drop Off Points across West Lothian. Use the Drop Off Points button below to see the ALL the locations. In most locations the drop off point is a large red bin, please pop your donations inside – these are gratefully received.
It would be great when donating used uniform if you could WASH the clothes before donating. Please also remove all LABELS with names of children.
What items can you donate?
The range of clothing and items you can donate is wide and varied.
NEW OR GOOD QUALITY SECOND HAND
- school uniforms such as trousers, skirts, polo shirts, shirts, jumpers, cardigans, gingham dresses etc (including items embroidered with school logos)
- gym kit such as shorts, t-shirt and joggers (including hoodies/zippers)
- school bags and PE bags
- lunch bags
- stationery (binders, pencil cases etc)
GOOD QUALITY SECOND HAND
- football boots
- school ties
- footwear (including shoes and plimsolls)
- toiletries (including deodorant, shampoo, conditioner, toothbrushes, toothpaste, sanitary and hair products etc)
- hair baubles and clasps
- water bottles
- any poorer quality items of clothing can also be donated to us and we would recycle in our rag bag box (this can include adult clothing)
- this generates cash for us and we use this to buy brand new stock that we need.
- these items can be dropped off directly into our rag bag box at Dryburgh House, Kirkton Campus, Livingston EH54 7DE or donated through our normal drop off points.
We need a wide range of ages from P1 right up to S6 (size wise this can be from age 4 years up to any adult sized clothing).
When donating second hand items please empty pockets and wash, as this minimises the work for our volunteers.
At certain times of year we often have shortages of specific items, e.g. winter jackets and shoes, and we are sometimes short of items for specific age groups and sizes.
Keep an eye on our Latest News blog page and Facebook for up to date appeals.