Project Worker – Do you want to join our small and dedicated team striving every day to support local children from families experiencing financial hardship? Do you enjoy variety in a job, knowing you are making a real difference to young people in our local community?
The School Bank West Lothian aims to improve the lives of children within families in West Lothian experiencing financial hardship. We do this by providing a school uniform and equipment required to enable equal access to education and afford children dignity and self-respect. Children receiving our packs are referred from professionals in the community and every uniform pack is tailored to meet the needs of the child.
Key responsibilities include:
• Work closely within a team of 3 staff to ensure we are supporting the aims and objectives of The School Bank West Lothian.
• Support our main fundraising campaigns: Sponsor-A-Child during the summer and Winter Warmer Appeal over the winter.
• Makeup packs for each child and ensure these are completed with consideration, accuracy, and urgency.
• Take responsibility for dealing with general email enquiries received and communicate with referrers to answer any queries.
• Organise and support volunteers during the twice weekly sessions so they feel involved and appreciated.
• Take part in and supervise sorting of second-hand donations.
• Oversee timely collection of donations from our collection bins within the community.
• Take part in any other reasonable tasks and duties as required to meet the needs of the charity.
The successful candidate must be passionate about The School Bank West Lothian to inspire others about its worth and the part they play in its future success. We expect candidates to be able to demonstrate the essential characteristics outlined below.
SKILLS & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
• Support the aims and objectives of The School Bank West Lothian and can respect our clients, partners, and stakeholders always.
• Strong positive communication skills, both orally and in writing, with an ability to communicate at all levels always maintaining confidentiality.
• Ability to work in an organised manner and with a sense of urgency to meet agreed deadlines.
• Competence in a range of information technology such as email, Microsoft Office/Teams.
• Work with drive to ensure the success of our main fundraising campaigns e.g. Sponsor a Child and Winter Warmer Appeal.
• Flexibility to work extended hours on occasion during times of peak activity.
• Minimum 4 National 5 subjects including English, Maths, and Info technology (or equivalent).
• Full driving licence and access to a car for work purposes.
• Knowledge of the issues experienced both by families experiencing financial hardship, and particularly of children living in families facing economic disadvantage.
• Knowledge and understanding of the communities across West Lothian.
Details of post
• Based at our office in Livingston.
• 20 hours per week, hours are: Monday-Thursday 9am-12.45pm and Friday 9am-2pm.
• 1 year contract (and beyond subject to funding).
• Hourly rate £10.90 (national living wage).
• Due to our flagship campaign running over the summer, no holidays can be taken between 17th July and 11th August 2023.
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org